Fireman Electrocuted at Bluefield, W. Va.
S. W. Davidson, member of Station No. 1, of the Bluefield, W. Va., fire department, was instantly killed recently, when he came in contact with a wire charged with 2,300 volts. The tragedy occurred while he was engaged with other firemen fighting a fire in a private dwelling. Mr. Davidson leaves a widow and two children.
Coal Substitutes make Busy Month for Philadelphia— Chief Ross B. Davis of Philadelphia, Pa., blames the misuse of coal substitutes for the 957 increased calls during the month of January—the busiest month in the history of the department. Most of the damage was caused by the formation of explosive gases which ignited in the flues. In addition, 129 false alarms were sent in.