Garage Destroyed in Sault Ste. Marie
A recent fire in Sault Ste. Marie, Canada, which started from unknown cause, destroyed Wade’s garage with loss of over $40,000. The fire was discovered early in the afternoon by flames darting from the northwest corner of the building and an alarm was immediately pulled. A brisk wind was blowing and when the firemen, under Chief W. J. Phillips, arrived, the building was badly involved. In addition to the garage, adjoining structures were threatened, but quick work of the fire department in bringing every possible stream into play soon had the fire under control and stopped it in the place of origin. A number of new Chevrolet cars were destroyed, as well as used cars belonging to patrons.