Hilltop Company Holds Inspection
Hilltop Engine Company. Pocantico Hills, N. Y., was host to many visiting firemen recently at the second annual inspection and parade oF the firemen. A buffet supper and refreshments followed later.
The Hilltop Engine Company was organized in 1925. A “jumper” was used for the first fire truck and then a Ford Model T was used as the fire engine until 1938. During that year, a new 600-gallon pumper was used.
The company has fifty-two members under the leadership of Chief Joseph Pellegrino.