A Houston (TX) firefighter is facing discipline for something he posted on his personal Facebook page, according to a new report.
According to a KTRK report (http://abc13.co/1ByVxUU), an unidentified Houston Fire Department employee posted an anti-Islam and anti-Muslim message on his profile, in violation of the fire department’s social media policy.
The city of Houston’s explicit social media policy extends to all of its employees, including 4,000 fire department personnel. The firefighter is under investigation and on administrative duty, the report said.
Read more about the situation at http://abc13.co/1ByVxUU.
- Legal Fire Prevention: Social Media Policy
- Fire Department Management: Social Media : One Department’s Success Story
- Public Education: The Fire Service and Social Media : Time to Get Engaged
- Social Media Concerns During Emergencies and Incidents: Lessons from a Recent Tragedy
- The Latest Danger Facing Today’s Firefighter: Social Media
MORE HOUSTON FIRE NEWS