It’s Anniversary Time!
IN November, the International Association of Fire Chiefs holds its Diamond Jubilee Convention in Miami, Florida!
- Next month—October—FIRE ENGINEERING chalks up its 71st anniversary as the “Journal of the Fire Service”.
- For over 70 years this publication has devoted the editorial and advertising sections of its “Convention Issues” to chronicling world progress in fire protection and prevention (men, methods and material) and to forecasting what’s to come.
- Every year, FIRE ENGINEERING has been an inspiration at the I. A. F. C. gatherings — as well as a “convention in print” to those unfortunates who could not attend the International gathering! That is why these “convention numbers” of FIRE ENGINEERING are so cherished.
- This year’s Diamond Jubilee Convention (October) number of FIRE ENGINEERING will be no exception. Just as an appetizer, here are some of its editorial highlights: “Motor Apparatus Survey” (present condition of fire apparatus and equipment); “Atomic Energy and the Fire Service” (a peep into a doubtful and disturbing future); “What’s New in Fire Service Communications?” (with heavy emphasis on radio); “More About Much – Discussed ‘Wet Water”; “What’s Going to Happen to Civilian Defense?”
- Complimenting the meaty editorial content of this super-book, the nation’s leading makers of apparatus and equipment will tell what is new and better in their field!
- Small wonder that so many readers of FIRE ENGINEERING vow that its annual “Convention” issue alone is worth the entire cost of their year’s subscription!