J. T. Martin Appointed Water Commissioner of Cleveland
Mr. John T. Martin, whose portrait is published herewith, has been appointed Commissioner of the Water Department of Cleveland, Ohio. He has been with the Cleveland Water Department for the past eighteen years, starting as assistant to the engineer in charge of the construction of the Kirtland street pumping station; also in the construction of the east side water tunnel and various other construction enterprises carried on by the department. He has just completed the construction of the west side tunnel. Mr. Martin has also been connected with the meter and service end of the work, as well as in charge of the accounting department. He was appointed deputy commissioner in September, 1916, and will take up his new duties as commissioner the first of the coming year.