Keep a Ladder Handy

Keep a Ladder Handy

The failure of the family to have a ladder about the place caused a farmer in Madison County, Ind., to lose his sevenroom house by fire. The flames were discovered on the roof soon after the fire started, but there was no means of getting water to the fire. Neighbors arrived in time to save the household goods, but the building was destroyed. The state fire marshal of Indiana recommends that those without city fire protection not only keep ladders handy, but also have chemical extinguishers, buckets and water in readiness at all times.

Oxford, Mass., has a fire siren of somewhat novel construction. It will be run by a motor set in motion by a switch in the telephone office when the alarm is telephoned in. The siren is on the city hall.

No posts to display