Laurel Hill Fire Company

Laurel Hill Fire Company

The Laurel Fire Company, of York, Pa., was organized in the year 1790, and had for some time its headquarters in the old Court House, which then stood in the center of town, and where the Continental Congress held its sessions during the years 1777 and 1778. On the 13th of February, 1790, the company held a meeting and agreed to call the company the Laurel Fire Company, at which time it elected its first president and secretary.

No posts to display