Firefighters Save Movie, TV Props from Los Angeles Garage Fire

Firefighters operate on the roof at a garage fire in Los Angeles, California.


Fire crews managed to save several movie props from a garage fire last week in the city of Los Angeles, California, including a robot allegedly from the television show “Lost in Space.” Fire photographer Rick McClure shared some shots from the scene.

The Daily News reported that Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD) firefighters responded about 11:30 p.m. to a garage fire in the 5100 block of Whitsett Avenue in Valley Village.

The home belongs to a prop designer and special effects artist who was out of town at the time, according to a caretaker who woke to the smell of smoke, the report said. LAFD crews were faced with a fire that was electrical in nature, and managed to save a number of television and movie props.


Fire Crews Battle Malibu (CA) Brush Fire

Driver Extricated After Collision with LAFD Ambulance

Firefighters Find Marijuana Grow Operation at Los Angeles (CA) Fire Scene

Los Angeles Firefighters Control Fire at Vacant Van Nuys Motel

No posts to display