We are just 90 days away from the 2016 National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium / 28thAnnual National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner in Washington, DC on May 4-5, 2016.
The Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) is a privately funded nonprofit, nonpartisan policy institute designed to educate members of Congress about the challenges and needs of our nation’s fire and emergency services. The National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium/National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner is our major fundraising program of the year. We depend on the support generated from this event to maintain an active presence on Capitol Hill and within the fire and emergency services community.
With your support at this year’s Symposium/Dinner CFSI will continue to:
- Build on the forum that national fire service organizations use to develop consensus positions on the most important federal fire service issues on Capitol Hill.
- Facilitate working relationships between the fire service organizations and the Congressional Fire Services Caucus, one of the largest and most active caucuses in Congress.
- Promote critical public safety legislation, such as the Fire Sprinkler Incentive Act and the Safe Building Codes Incentive Act.
- Continue to support the Assistance to Firefighters (FIRE) and Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grant programs.
- Create opportunities for congressional staffers to gain hands-on experience in the fire and emergency services.
CFSI is a small organization, but we are proficient and accomplish a significant amount because of our commitment to the brave men and women in public safety who protect our communities from fire and other dangers.
There is no better time than now to book your tickets and take advantage of our discounted room rates at the Washington Hilton! Click here to check out our Symposium/Dinner information page for further details or call us at (202) 371-1277.