Mobile Completely Motorized
The fire department of Mobile, Ala., of which George W. Myrick is chief, retired all of its horse-drawn apparatus on August 1 and is now completely motorized. The apparatus of the department consists of two 1,000-gallon, seven 750gallon American-LaFrance pumpers, one 75-foot AmericanLaFrance aerial truck, one American-LaFrance 50-foot city service hook and ladder truck and one turret hose car. The motorization was celebrated by a parade in which the old and new apparatus took part. In the parade the seven new pieces of fire equipment recently purchased were contrasted with a number of older apparatus, one unit of which has been in use since 1871.
The city commissioners of Mobile are: R. V. Taylor, Harry T. Hartwell and George Crawford. The following are the officers of the fire department: First and Second Assistant Chiefs Gus Rhem and Bert Fox. Secretary H. D. Pillichody, and City Mechanic E. C. Hughes.