Oxygen Tent Starts Fire

Oxygen Tent Starts Fire

A patient at New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Conn., received burns about the hands on March 23 when his oxygen tent caught fire.

Hospital authorities blamed a short circuit for the blaze, which damaged the tent, the compressor and the mattress of the bed.

David Willis, 36, of New Haven, confined to the tent because of a heart condition, was awakened by flames shortly before midnight. He tried to beat out the fire, then ran into a corridor and told the nurse. The hospital fire brigade brought a hose line into the private room, and had the situation under control when New Haven firemen arrived.

No posts to display