PA Firefighter Shocked at House Fire

A Delaware County (PA) firefighter was injured Sunday in a fire that destroyed a house, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer.

A 24-year-old volunteer firefighter whose name was not released was using a hose in the house when he received two electric shocks, possibly from live wires. He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and has been released.

“He was very lucky, and so were the guys with him,” Chief Chris Caruso said.

The fire is believed to have started in the kitchen and spread to the second floor. No one was at home. There was no noise from any smoke alarms when crews arrived, Caruso said. Residents in the other half of the twin had left by the time firefighters arrived.

Read more of the story here http://bit.ly/U3wSrM

No posts to display