Plaques Honor Commissioner Wagner
Few fire commissioners have the distinction of having their names on seven out of ten fire stations, but that is the honor extended to Commissioner Otto Wagner of Elizabeth, N. J.
Dr. Wagner has served the city of Elizabeth thirty years as a municipal official, twenty-seven years of which he has served as Fire Commissioner. It was during this period that the seven stations were built and the bronze plaques which include his name were attached.
He was appointed to the Fire Board on January 1, 1914, the year that the department started purchasing automobile pumping engines to replace the old horse-dyawn equipment.
In his twenty-seven years of service to the fire department he has attended twenty-three annual conventions of the International Association of Fire Chiefs, and is an honorary life member of that Association. He also holds honora.ry membership in the Firemen’s Mutual Benevolent Association and the Eastern Association of Fire Chiefs.