Reorganization of the Webb Motor Fire Apparatus Company
A short notice was inserted in the last isue of this journal relating to the business change of the Webb Motor Fire Apparatus Company. The further particulars of the reorganization as recently furnished are as follows: The Webb Motor Fire Apparatus Company, whose factory is now located in St. Louis, Mo., has sold a large amount of its capital stock to a few eastern capitalists, headed by John M. Mack, who recently severed his connection with the International Motor Company, of which he has been vice-president, to take an active interest in the affairs of the Webb Company from this date. Early in September the company will move to its factory at Allentown, Pa., where it has secured a $250,000 plant, fully equipped with modern machinery, and where it will turn out during 1913 250 pieces of fire fighting apparatus. The Webb Motor Fire Apparatus Company has been reorganized and the following new officers are now taking an active interest in its affairs: A. C. Webb, president; Geo. E. Blakeslee. vice-president; John M. Mack, treasurer; W. J. W. Groves, secretary. The general sales offices, which have been established in New York City on the eighth floor of the U. S. Rubber Bldg, corner Broadway and 58th street, will be in charge of M. B. Strauss as sales manager. Branches and agencies have also been established in the following cities: New York City; Boston, Mass.; Cleveland, O.; Atlanta. Ga.; Chicago, Ill.; Dallas. Tex.; Kansas City, Mo.; San Francisco, Cal.; Spokane, Wash.; Winnipeg. Canada; Vancouver. B. C.; Halifax, N. S.; Neodesha, Kans., and Philadelphia, Pa., and a large sales force put into the field. All new orders now received are filled at the Allentown plant, and for the present both the plant at Allentown and St. Louis will he kept in actual operation. The name of the company has been changed to the Webb Company, and from now on will be known as such.