At least $5 per annum must be paid for each family supplied, who will be allowed 3,600 cubic feet of water, any excess to be rated at fourteen cents per 100 cubic feet. The minimum charge for any service is $5 per annum.

MONTHLY METER RATES. (In cubic feet)

Water used on the following named services must be metered: Saloons, restaurants, drug stores, bakeries, dental offices,with fountain jet photograph galleries, printing offices, laundries, breweries, soda water manufacturers, etc., factories foundries, fountains, livery or horse car stables,steam engines, motors, green-houses.


Dwellings—For faucet use only for each family, $5. The

charge for each family to remain the same whether or not there is more than one faucet in the building. For each family supplied with water from any fixture connected with the water works, $5. Any one who allows others to obtain water from their fixtures without authority from the water department will be charged extra for alt such use.

Water closets—For one in a one-family house. $5; for each additional in a one-family house, $1; for one in building occupied by two or more families, for each family, $5; for one in store, bank or office,$5; for each addition in store,bank, or office, $; for each in general use in block or office building, $10; water closets supplied by ordinary faucets or draw cocks not allowed except on metered services.

Bath tubs—For one or two for one family use, $4; for each tub in barber shop, $10.

Hose attachments—Accompanied by inside use, $6; when unaccompanied by inside use for domestic purposes the charge will be $10. The use of all hose is limited to three hours per day, and persons using are only allowed to sprinkle in front of their own premises.

Urinals—Each, $5; if not self-closing, must be metered.

Private stables—For one horse,with water for washing vehicles, $3; for each additional horse, $2; for each cart or work horse $1.50; for each cow, $1.50. An additional charge for the use of water in stables when it is unaccompanied by the use of water in dwelling on premises, of $5.

Stores—For faucet use only,$10.

Churches and lodges—For faucets only, $10.

For building purposes—For laying one cord or six perch of stone, $0.12; for plastering, 100 square yards, $0.20; for laying brick, per thousand, $0.6; for concrete, per cubic yard, $0.3.

Barber shops—For one chair, $5; for one additional chair, $2.

Blacksmith shops—For one fire, $7; for each additional fire, $3.

Mechanics’ shops—Not exceeding ten hands, $10; for each additional hand, $1.

Offices—For each office supplied with water from faucet in general use in building, $5; for faucet in office, $10.





14. One service to two or more buildings.—In cases where two or more adjoining premises, having the same owner, are furnished with water from a single service pipe connected with street main and controled by one curb-cock—there being no device under the exclusive device of the department, whereby either of said premises may be shut off without shutting off others—the whole amount due upon all of said premises shall be charged to the owner thereof; and, in case of adjoining premises furnished as above described and having separate owners, the whole charge may be made to the owner in front of, or upon whose premises is located the curb-cock, controling the service, or the said owner sh 11 be required, at his own expense, to cut off the branch pipe or pipes thiough which water is furnished to adjoining premises, from the service pipe supplying his own.

15. For building purposees.—Persons desiring to use city water for building purposes will be required to make a written application therefor at the office of the water department. Said application shall state in detail the uses for which the – water is required, the name of the builder, the owner of the property, and the number of the house on which the water is to be used, the same to be certified by the architect, and as follows: (1) Number of brick to be laid; (2) number of cord of stone to be laid; (3) number of square yards plastering; (4) number of cubic yards concrete. The amount of charges for water at schedule rates for work thus stated shall be paid in advance to the water department before a permit for such use shall be issued. The water department may cause said work to be remeasured by an inspector, under its ditection, and, in case it shall appear that the person receiving said permit, or the architect or other person making the certificate, has made fraudulent representations as to the amount of work to be done under said permit, the water shall be turned off. and it shall not be turned on again until the bill for the additional use of water, and the charge for the inspection, have been paid. No consumer of water will be allowed to furnish the city water for building purposes, on his own or other premises, without first paying for the same for said purpose, and receiving a permit for such use from the water department. In case the builder is required to insert a special service or fixture to enable him to procure said water for building purposes, the application for such service must be made by the owner or agent of the property, after which the permit for such use may be issued to the builder on his application; and he must file an application to have the water turned off at the curb as soon as he has finished his work.

16.—Water for flushing sewers.—For the use of water in flushing sewers a permit shall first be obtained at the office of the department, and an employe of the board sent to take charge of such hydrant as may be used. A charge for such service shall be one dollar, and shall be paid at the time the permit is issued.


  1. Vacant buildings.—In case only one of several buildings occupies the frontage of a single city lot, and the others are located in the rear of the said front building, then permission may be granted to supply all of the said buildings from one service; but the owner will be required to give notice to the water department at the date when either building becomes vacant, and also at the date when it is again occupied, so that an inspection and verification may be made, otherwise no abatement for non-occupancy will be made; and no abatement will be made in any case, unless the said premises shall have been vacant for a period of three months.
  1. Vacant apartments.—In case of a dwelling or tenement house with apartments for more than one family, the charges for all the fixtures and for the number of families for which there are apartments must be paid for in advance, if the water is turned on, whether all the apartments are occupied or not. When there are vacant apartments, notice mustbegiven to the water department, where a record will be kept. A notice must also be given when they are occupied again, when a rebate will be given for the period during which they were vacant not, however, if the period is less than three months. Any one who fails to immediately notify the department that the premises are again occupied will forfeit their right to a rebate for vacancy.
  2. Discontinuance of use of water —Any consumer desiring to discontinue for any reason the use of water must notify the department of his de-ire to have the water shut off at the curb. No abatement will be made for any period less than three months from the time of turning off the water by the department.
  3. Partial supply from wells or cisterns.—No abatements shall be made from any water bill under a claim that less water has been used because of a partial u^e from wells or cisterns.
  4. Failure to give notice.—No abatement from any water bill shall be made when the owner or consumer has not complied with the requirements of these rules and regulations in making application at the office of the department for the discontinuance of the use of water, in making application to have any fixture disconnected, or to have the water turned off from service, or in giving the notice required, or in cases where more than one dwelling on an undivided city lot are supplied from a single service, or where the claimed overcharge in the bill is the result of the failure on his part to perform any act required by these rules.
  5. Failure to make repairs.—No abatement from any water bill will be made in cases where the charge results from the failure on the part of the owner or consumer to promptly repair any broken or defective fixture or service.