San Leon (TX) Firefighters Trapped During House Fire

Two San Leon volunteer firefighters were trapped while battling a house fire Thursday night. Despite being engulfed in flames and smoke, the two men survived with no injuries, reports khou.com (http://bit.ly/1vKo1OM)

Firefighters responded to the fire around 8:30 in the 500 block of 8th Street and found heavy flames coming from the back of the house. As firefighters battled the fire, the two firefighters became trapped upstairs after a drum of oil and gasoline underneath the house exploded.

The firefighters were rescued after a secondary crew began working to put out the fire.

Officials said no injuries were reported and firefighters left the scene with some scorched gear.

No posts to display