Two San Leon volunteer firefighters were trapped while battling a house fire Thursday night. Despite being engulfed in flames and smoke, the two men survived with no injuries, reports khou.com (http://bit.ly/1vKo1OM)
Firefighters responded to the fire around 8:30 in the 500 block of 8th Street and found heavy flames coming from the back of the house. As firefighters battled the fire, the two firefighters became trapped upstairs after a drum of oil and gasoline underneath the house exploded.
The firefighters were rescued after a secondary crew began working to put out the fire.
Officials said no injuries were reported and firefighters left the scene with some scorched gear.