School Undisturbed by Fire
Fire in a waste basket on the first floor of school No. 119 at 133d street, near Eighth avenue, New York, a few days ago, caused smoke to be seen by a passing automobile driver, who ran in, and finding no one, he turned in an automatic alarm. William Flynn custodian of the building was soon on the spot with a pail of water with which he extinguished the flames. In the meantime fire apparatus were surrounding the building, which was the first intimation the 2,000 pupils and teachers on the floors above had of the danger that had menaced them.