Several Hurt in Montana Theatre Panic

Several Hurt in Montana Theatre Panic

A short circuit which sent a spark into a box of film in a theatre in Deer Lodge, Mont., resulted in an explosion which shook the business section and caused the injury of a number of people who attended the theatre.

The operator fought the flames in the booth until they became too much for him. He rushed out and closed the operator’s booth in the hope that the flames would die down due to the lack of air, but the theatre audience could see the flames in the booth.

An explosion occurred which shook off the plaster from the motion picture booth and which was felt by many of the people on the street. The fire department had no trouble in fighting the blaze, but in the excitement of the five hundred people in the audience to reach the street, one woman was trampled on and several people were injured.

Author

No posts to display