We Place the Emphasis on Practice rather than on Theory
A Confession of Our Faith:
- FIRE AND WATER ENGINEERING, as the only publication devoted exclusively to the allied fields of fire protection and water supply, takes this occasion to greet, not alone the members of The American Water Works Association, but all of our readers, including the fire officials of the country to whom the subject of water supply means so much!
- This year’s convention of the A. W. W. A., now confronting us, has shown every indication of being the largest and the most successful ever held.
- And very appropriately, too, this issue of FIRE AND WATER ENGINEERING is the high water mark in our publishing experience—the most important issue in all of our 46 years of service to the field.
- What is the secret of FIRE AND WATER ENCINEERING’S constant growth in popularity among the leaders throughout the fire protection and water supply field? It lies, we believe, in the fact that we are concentrating upon practical articles by practical men.
- A glance through the pages of this issue or any issue of FIRE AND WATER ENGINEERING will impress the reader with the fact that we are publishing a magazine for the practical man who wants his “theory” translated into terms of actual practice; and that, with it all. FIRE AND WATER ENGINEERING expresses through its personality a warm friendly feeling for its readers that cannot help but foster enthusiastic and loyal friends. May we continue to serve you for many years to come!