A woman and two children were seriously injured in an apartment fire Thursday morning Aberdeen, Maryland.
Investigators found that smoke alarms were not operating inside the apartment at the time of the fire, according to a report from The Aegis (http://bsun.md/YdrvRV). The three suffered burns to their upper extremities. On arrival, firefighters found the victims outside the fire building, and they were transported to area medical centers.
Approximately 25 firefighters from the Aberdeen Volunteer Fire Department, Susquehanna Hose Company of Havre de Grace, and Aberdeen Proving Ground Fire Department brought the fire under control within five minutes. The fire was contained to the bedroom of the second floor apartment of the two-story, wood-frame dwelling.
Read additional details at http://bsun.md/YdrvRV.