Woman Suffers Second-Degree Burns at AR Hibachi Restaurant

Firefighter with hydraulic extrication equipment

A woman said a mishap at a hibachi restaurant in Paragould, Arkansas, reports KATV ABC 7.

Samantha Myers said she was celebrating her 26th birthday with her family at Kimono Japanese Steak House. She said they were eating lunch around a freshly cleaned grill when their chef drew a heart in flammable liquid, held a flame to the liquid and it “exploded.” Myers said she and the chef both caught on fire.

The flames burnt off Myers’ eyelashes and eyebrows and singed her hair. She was taken to an area hospital and treated for first-degree burns on her face and second-degree burns on her neck and chest.

Previous articleFirefighter Hurt in Wilmington (DE) House Fire
Next articleFirefighter Training Prop: Modular SCBA Maze

No posts to display