A shelter-in-place order has been lifted and the all-clear was given in Oakland after a gas line fire on Golf Links Road and Fontaine Street. The fire erupted through cracks in the pavement, reports KGO-TV San Francisco.
One resident was frightened that this had the potential to be a big disaster.
“I asked him what was going on and he said it was a gas leak. And I said ‘oh my god a gas leak.’ And all I could think about was San Bruno. I just whipped a u-turn and argued to get back here. I live here with my 93-year-old mom is in this house. I’m getting her out of here,” said Doris Limbrick, resident.
Read more of the story here http://bit.ly/1gngrjW