Spokane Valley (WA) Firefighters Hospitalized After Being Exposed to Bug Bombs

Firefighter news

Three Spokane Valley (WA) firefighters were hospitalized after being exposed to bug bombs while responding to a call earlier this week, according to reports.

The Spokesman-Review reported that the members were responding to a fire alarm at some local condominiums. Arriving firefighters found no smoke or fire but saw an overturned wheelchair. They made entry to the unit through the window.

The members smelled an odor and left to go on air, but then began feeling nauseous. The incident commander upgraded the call to a hazmat call and the firefighters were hospitalized, treated, and released.

The report said the apartment resident, who was not inside, had set off three bug bombs at once.


Responding to “Bug Bomb” Incidents

NJ Firefighters Overcome by Insect Fumigation Fumes

Hazmat Survival Tips: Hazardous Materials Incident Size-Up

FFN: Investigating Strange Odors




No posts to display